1941 marked the year when both the St. Augustine Chapel; for Roman Catholics and St. Francis Chapel; for Anglicans, were completed.
Both buildings were completed under the leadership of Mr. George C. Turner, Principal Makerere College (1939-46)
Due to the religious rivalry between Roman Catholics and Anglicans that was prevalent in the country at the time, it was pertinent that both Chapels be completed at the same time and be of similar design.
Copyrighted Images courtesy of Makerere University Library
Copyright © 2013 - Makerere University | Makerere Home | Mak News | Mak Events