The Department of Botany Building was officially opened in September 1959.It has since then trained Senior and well published professionals in the field like Prof. Oryem-Origa Hannington, a former Assoc. Dean and Dean of Science, joined service in 1974 as a special assistant in the Facult of Science; Assoc. Prof. Mutumba Gerard Majjella, a former Deputy Dean of Science, joined service in 1987; Assoc. Prof. Baranga Deborah, a former Deputy Dean of Science, joined service in 1973 as a graduate assistant; Assoc. Prof. Isabirye-Basuta Moses Gilbert, a former Co-Director, Makererere University Biological Field Station (MUBFS), joined service in 1976 as a Teaching Assistant.
Copyrighted Images courtesy of Makerere University Library
Copyright © 2013 - Makerere University | Makerere Home | Mak News | Mak Events